Multicultural creep
Tuesday, 12th February 2008
Multicultural creep
David Aaronovitch writes in today's Times:
The conservative Jewish commentator Melanie Phillips exercised some
extra-jurisdictional powers of her own in calling for the Archbishop to be
dethroned (next week the Vicar of Dibley gives her choice of Chief Rabbi),
entirely missing Dr Williams's conservative attack on the decline of
civility and 'customary ethical restraints' produced by our 'narrowly
rights-based culture'.
I wonder which is the greater of my crimes — to be 'conservative' or to be
Jewish?
Apparently, this should debar me from saying that Rowan Williams should step
down as Archbishop of Canterbury or saying who I think should be his
successor. Does this mean, perhaps, that correspondingly I would not be
entitled to say that Rowan Williams should continue as ABofC and that all
other members of the House of Bishops are pygmies by comparison to his
titanic moral authority — or am I simply not entitled, as a 'conservative'
Jew, to criticise?
full article at britannniaradio.co.uk
http://britanniaradio.co.uk/?q=node/7610














