Thursday 18 December 2008


Are Terrorists Masquerading as Lawful Authority?

Boris Johnson
Mayor of London
Greater London Authority

10 December 2008

Dear Mr Mayor

You will recall my letter of 23 May and the enclosed correspondence about my being accosted at St Pancras international terminal on 25 March.

Normally this new letter should have gone to the Head of Scotland Yard, but in the circumstances I thought it best to address you, and invite you to pass my letter on to the new appointee in due course.

I have recently received a letter from Cdr Sawyer who appears to be in charge of the Counter Terrorism Command.  Despite my frequent requests to Scotland Yard for clarification about the individual who stopped me and who refused to identify himself, Cdr Sawyer now says that he is unable to assist me further and considers the matter closed.

I do not.

The facts now boil down to these:

1.   I was accosted by an unidentified individual who refused to explain his purpose in stopping me and refused to identify himself.

2.  It now seems he was masquerading as an official and â?" by implication â?" that he was acting under some kind of government authority.

My point is simply this: the individual concerned was, prima facie, acting unlawfully, imitating legal authority, and therefore committing a criminal act.

I trust the new Head of Scotland Yard will investigate this matter and take all necessary steps to bring the individual to justice.

Ashley Mote