Thursday 28 May 2009

What if You Are Wrong?
During the past few months I have spent a great deal of time yelling at the television. I swear the ignorance of those in positions of authority astound me. I'll never forget what my daughter told me after a year of working as a legislative aide in the Ohio Senate. "Dad, you wouldn't believe how stupid some of the legislators are. I can't believe some of the things I hear them say. No wonder government is so messed up." Two years was all she could take........
http://www.newswithviews.com/Daubenmire/dave155.htm
by Coach Dave Daubenmire

America's Public-School System --- Brutal and Spartan
The public school system in America has become a dismal failure. But education in many other times and cultures has been quite successful. The ancient Greeks, whose civilization was at its height around 550 B.C., founded Western civilization as we know it. The Athenian Greeks invented or perfected logic, drama, science, philosophy, astronomy, mathematics, literature, and much more. Yet ancient Greece had no compulsory schools.......
http://www.newswithviews.com/Turtel/joel159.htm
by Joel Turtel

An examination of the tragedy of the commons: Pollution, Part 2
The more I investigate our predicament, the more pained I am for the future of our civilization. As you read this four part series, you will know more than 90 percent of Americans. Dr. Garrett Hardin wrote his “Tragedy of the Commons” nearly two decades ago, but we ignored it­at our increasing peril. This country stands in “Collective Denial” of our environmental condition.....
http://www.newswithviews.com/Wooldridge/frosty471.htm
by Frosty Wooldridge