Saturday 6 June 2009

This was one of the comments after Brown said "Obama Beach"...
 
(I can imagine my father saying the same thing.)
 

My father was sitting here at home weeping. I was consoling him, thinking he was weeping at the memories of WWII (he wasn't at D-Day... he was at Okinawa and Iwo Jima in the pacific theater…and he suddenly turned and snapped at me; “Look what we have done, Hitler won, all those boys dead so a two bit Marxist wanna be could come in and urinate on their graves…look what we’ve done!” referring to Obama. I was taken aback by it. I was thinking he was remembering his own loss of his brother in Germany…I must echo “look what we have done..we have become imbeciles and allowed in a person who will do to this country what Hitler only dreamed of. We are blind fools.

LETS US NEVER FORGET

6-6-1944

service of remembrance

CLICK TO LISTEN





Sixty-five years on


In a demonstration of raw courage, ingenuity, determination and sheer power, on 6 June 1944 the combined Allied Armies launched the greatest invasion fleet in the history of man onto the shores of Normandy – a feat never since equalled and never likely to be repeated.

Many arrived – fewer left. We owe them a great deal.