Sunday 3 January 2010


January 3, 2010

Signs of the times
History repeats itself because most folks fail to learn from it. Most Americans fail to learn from U.S. history because what little history is taught in public schools is filled with half truths. But as my former pastor used to say, a half truth is a whole lie. Most Americans, for example, don’t realize the last time this country was as divided as it is today, 11 Southern states decided they could no longer support a power-hungry federal government constantly usurping their Constitutional rights as sovereign states or the growing federal intrusion into the private lives of their citizens.........
http://www.newswithviews.com/Murray/randy116.htm
by Randy Murray



In Politics the "C" Word Always Matters
In defense of Bill Clinton, their democrat president, the liberal media campaigned to convince Americans that character does not matter. In the midst of the Clinton scandals, I was shocked to hear even a minister say Clinton's affairs were a personal matter and did not affect his presidency. The media spin worked. An extraordinary man was featured on the Glenn Beck TV program.......
http://www.newswithviews.com/Marcus/lloyd107.htm
by Lloyd Marcus



Two Reasons "The Biggest Losers" Can't Stay Winners
To me, life was like the proverbial pusher, always tempting me with its malignant, short term pleasures. And every time I gave in, I traded one of life’s simple and forgotten long-term treasures - like keeping the same belt size, chasing my kids endlessly in the park, and making love to my wife without gasping for air at the 4-minute mark. As life’s malignancies caught up to me, I decided to.....
http://www.newswithviews.com/Ellison/shane155.htm
by Shane Ellison, M. Sc