Subject: Daily Mail essay on immigration



Politics List
This is important - and relevant!
S




====

This essay in the Mail by arch Demos leftie David Goodhart beggars belief.
Read this:
The highlights:
Among Left-leaning ‘Hampstead’ liberals like me...our instinctive reaction has been that Britain is a relentlessly racist country...that the only decent policy is to throw open our doors to all and that those with doubts about how we run our multi-racial society are guilty of prejudice.
Yes, he said “all”.
But I have changed my mind.
Too late, you ****
One of the liberal elite’s myths is that we are a ‘mongrel nation’ that has always experienced high inflows of outsiders. But this isn’t true. From 1066 until 1950, immigration was almost non-existent (excluding Ireland) — a quarter of a million at the most, mainly Huguenots and Jews.




...These days, more people arrive on our shores as immigrants in a single year than did




so in the entire period from 1066 to 1950, excluding wartime.
I have a detailed essay on this somewhere confirming what “any fool knows” (courtesy of Nigel Molesworth of Ronald Searle fame)
The fact is that the whole post-war process of immigration has been badly managed or, rather, not managed at all.
...It just happened. 
Bull**** A palpable lie. Andrew Neather, a Labour advisor, is on record as saying that Tony Blair dismantled immigration controls “to rub the noses of the right in diversity”. In fact, and that is why Goodhart is trying this crafty piece of revisionism, is that Labour is scared of UKIP. They know that the big losers of mass immigration from the Third World are the white working class. numerically on the decrease and therefore in need of replacement/supplementing by a “new proletariat”.
There has been a huge gap between our ruling elite’s views and those of ordinary people on the street. This was brought home to me when dining at an Oxford college and the eminent person next to me, a very senior civil servant, said: ‘




When I was at the Treasury, I argued for the most open door possible to immigration [because] I saw it as my job to maximise global welfare not national welfare.’




I was even more surprised when the notion was endorsed by another guest, one of the most powerful television executives in the country. 




He, too, felt global welfare was paramount and that he had a greater obligation to someone in Burundi than to someone in Birmingham.
Read that again.




 How many policy makers and politicians are there still who feel a higher loyalty to the “international community” than to the indigenous British? If this isn’t treason, what is?
The patronising prick then says:
But one of the challenges is how to allow older and poorer white people a safe space in which to express a sense of loss and homesickness for the past, without this mood spilling over into racism.
Does he mean watching a TV channel containing only Dad’s Army and Ealing comedies? I’ll let it spill over into voting UKIP and the space space I shall do it from is SW London, which is still, relatively, a white bastion, which is why I live there.
Like most white British people of my generation, I am happy living in a multi-racial society. I relish the fact that the immigration-related changes of the past few decades have been overwhelmingly accepted and even celebrated by white Britain.
If he thought this were really the case, as opposed to mistaking Hampstead for Britain, he would not have written the book from which this essay is derived. Most white British (outside the major conurbations) still have relatively little to do with non whites, hence the warning by race chief Trevor Phillips about Britain “sleep walking into segregation”.
Conclusion: Labour is crapping itself over the UKIP threat. If enough quality people can be attracted from across the political spectrum and unite around the key issues of national identity, sovereignty and a scaling back of welfarism then the traditional parties who are “all in this together” in their multiculturalism that puts the British last in their own country may just get their comeuppance.
H Gl