Monday, 15 April 2013


Folk,

In the UK we already have state control of the media (Leveson), secret courts without a jury (been going on for years) and the Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (it was called the KGB in Soviet Russia). Now, it seems likely, we are also to have "secret arrests". That means people can simply "disappear", just like they did in Soviet Russia, Red China and Cambodia to name but a few.

Still think you live in a democratic and free country? Still think you are safe from the scourge of Communism? That's what the Russians thought, then one day it was too late for them to do anything to stop it. As a result, sixty million Russian Christians died or were murdered at the hands of their government. The Chinese regime murdered eighty million. Pol Pot only killed a few (million that is). How many do you think it will be in the UK? A thousand? A million? Ten million? Never happen?

They have already started killing us folks. Thousands more pensioners dying from cold this year while our government cuts the winter fuel allowance (that is outright murder in my book) and hundreds of thousands of needless deaths and deliberate killings in the NHS are only the beginning. And nobody is doing a thing about it. In fact Comrade Cameron says he backs Sir David Nicholson, the man responsible for the hundreds of thousands of needless/deliberate NHS deaths, "to the hilt". He is definitely "the man for the job" he says. What more do you need to hear to know what our government's agenda is really all about?

Will you be like the Russians and just sit back and await your turn, or watch your children await theirs? Or will you start paying attention and spread the word before it is too late? The decision belongs to you, nobody else....

Best regards,
M.

Now chief of free information Christopher Graham calls for secret arrests

  • Information Commissioner said there was no ‘pressing social need’ for the public to be told who was being held by the police
  • Such anonymity has been branded an attack on open justice
PUBLISHED: 02:06, 14 April 2013 UPDATED: 14:21, 14 April 2013
The row over secret arrests deepened last night as Britain’s data watchdog claimed that naming crime suspects breaches their human rights.
Christopher Graham, the Information Commissioner, said there was no ‘pressing social need’  for the public to be told who was being held by the police.
He warned that identifying suspects risked them being denied a fair trial and would leave them exposed to ‘media intrusion into their private lives’.
Information
        commissioner Christoper Graham
Controversy: Information Commissioner Christoper Graham warned identifying suspects could deny them a fair trial
His comments have been echoed by senior judges and lawyers, including a barrister at the forefront of the Hacked Off campaign to introduce state regulation of the press.
There are now fresh fears that police will press ahead with a draconian plan, recommended by Lord Justice Leveson in his landmark report, to keep secret the identities of people suspected of serious offences.

Under guidance being drawn up by the Association of Chief Police Officers, revealed by The Mail on Sunday last week, forces across England and Wales would be banned from confirming the names of those they have arrested when talking to journalists.
Secretive
        route: Police could soon be banned from identifying people they
        have arrested by a recommendation of the Leveson Inquiry
Secretive route: Police could soon be banned from identifying people they have arrested by a recommendation of the Leveson Inquiry
The guarantee of anonymity has been branded an attack on open justice that could allow criminals to keep offending by preventing victims or witnesses coming forward with evidence.
The Government’s own legal reform advisory body, the Law Commission, has said that reporters should be able to check names with police forces.
But in his strongly worded response, the Information Commissioner has claimed that a policy of identifying all suspects would breach the Data Protection Act, which concerns the handling of personal information, and Labour’s notorious Human Rights Act, long described as a criminals’ charter.
Mr Graham, a former BBC employee who previously ran the Advertising Standards Authority, wrote: ‘The European Court of Human Rights has recognised the state’s positive obligation to protect individuals from media intrusion into their private lives .  .  . due consideration will need to be given to the right of the individual to a fair trial and the right to respect for privacy.
‘It is not clear that there is a pressing social need to divulge the details of those individuals who have been arrested.’
Mr Graham, 62, who is paid £140,000 a year, questioned what the ‘pressing social need’ and ‘public interest’ could be in naming suspects. He added: ‘These judgments must be made in a context where once a name is released it may be impossible to retract it.’
His view has been echoed by the country’s senior judges. And Hugh Tomlinson QC, a leading figure in the Hacked Off campaign, wrote last week that if the name of someone who has been arrested is published, ‘many members of the public will assume that “there is no smoke without fire” and that, if a person is arrested, they must have done something wrong’.
secret law
        storm
Rumbling controversy: The Mail on Sunday report from last week
The
        Metropolitan Police Savile investigation is codenamed Operation
        Yewtree and has led to 12 arrests
Intrusion: In the future the press may not be able to identify crime suspects as it would breach their human rights
Bill Waddington, chairman of the Criminal Law Solicitors’ Association, said: ‘It is important that, unless there are exceptional reasons, an arrested person is not identified by the police to the press.’
The Law Society said: ‘While it is arguable that the police should never be permitted to release the name of a person who has not been charged with an offence, we accept that in many cases there is a legitimate public interest in this information.’