Monday 17 November 2008




My First Experience Of The 'Jobcentre System' - And My Last!

'My last day at work was August 31. My contract at a school had expired and I was looking forward to a break. I'm 52 and have been working since June 4, 1973, a week before my 17th birthday. I felt I'd earned a rest. My plan was simple: I'd enjoy what was left of the lousy summer, go cycling for a week in the Alps and, when I got back, start looking for another job.

It wouldn't be hard to find one, would it? How wrong I was.

Read more...


Homeowners Could be Forced To Sell Their Land For Permanant Traveller Sites

'Homeowners are facing the prospect of being forced to sell their own land to make space for gypsy campsites under orders from the government. Desperate to build permanent sites for travellers and gypsies, the Government is launching what has been described as a 'land grab', which could see fields and even private gardens converted into pitches for mobile homes.'

Read more...