Saturday 31 October 2009

31 October 09

Americans Sceptical about United Nations

 

Last weekend I spoke at a conference in California organised by Radio Liberty.  I was asked to speak about the threat to the world from the burgeoning European Union.  

 

One of the reactions I got was nothing directly to do with my speech.  But it seemed to me so important that I should record it here.  Many Americans have become increasingly cynical about the role, effectiveness and direction of the United Nations.  A distinct dislike of the UN now exists in the USA .

 

They frequently doubt that the UN’s objectives are in the interests of the USA , but nonetheless find themselves cast in the role of enforcers.  They see themselves as doing the world’s dirty work at American expense in terms of lives and money. 

 

“And where are the rest of you…?” was the way one man put it.  He spoke for many. 

Yes, he acknowledged that the UK was often by their side, but who else…?  Good question.

 

A large and attentive audience listened even more closely to my talk than I expected, especially when the second half was devoted to a summary of Geert Wilders’ speech in New York a year ago.  You may recall it was about The Islamization of Europe.

 

After the conference, many people were so concerned at the issues Wilders raised they asked if I would put the full text of the speech on my website.  It follows as a separate posting, and is on the website under Topics.  Then click Immigration.

 

 

 
To respond to, or comment on this Email, please email ashley.mote@btconnect.com

Click www.ashleymote.co.uk to visit the site now.

 

You have signed up to receive these notifications.